About Martin County Forever
Mission & Goals
Founded in 2022, the mission of Martin County Forever is to acquire and preserve important natural lands in Martin County for the benefit of present and future generations.
- Craig Coy
- Lorraine Kayser
- John Keller
- Merritt Matheson
- James P. Snedeker
- Mabel Vogel
- Tony Zunino
- John Maehl, Martin County Public Works, Ecosystem Division
- Michael Yustin, Martin County Public Works, Ecosystem Division
Community Outreach and Communications:
- Stacy Ranieri, The Firefly Group
Martin County already has a Great Track Record.
- The county has been acquiring environmental lands for more than 30 years.
- Citizens voted on several occasions to tax themselves to support acquisition efforts.
- In 2006, a voter-approved half-cent sales tax generated $27 million of which 90% was for acquisition of 71,000 acres and 10% was for management of those lands.
- The Sales Tax has since expired. An additional $30 million was obtained through state and federal sources.